We know that there have been a lot of questions about the status of Pitch Wars this year and our transition to a smaller program run by a committee of past mentors and mentees. On Monday, we’ll launch a series of blog posts addressing past issues and talking about the future of the program.
However, we do want to share a few important things with you regarding our mentors, our new Pitch Wars schedule, and our committee members.
We’ll have 100 mentors/mentor pairs in 2018, which is smaller than recent years. In order to ensure we have a diverse cross section of mentors that reflects our community as a whole, we’ll require all potential mentors (even those who have already signed on) complete our new application form. This process will require that we push back the start of Pitch Wars this year. Please fill out our Google form if you’d like to be reminded when the Mentor Application window opens.
Our New Dates:
- May 15, 2018 (approx) : Mentor Application Window Opens
- May 30, 2018: Mentor Application Window Closes
- June 7, 2018: #PitMad
- July 15: 2018 Mentors Announced
- August 14 – 27, 2018: Mentor Blog Hop
- August 27, 2018 (midnight EDT): Mentee Submission Window Opens
- August 29, 2018 (10 PM EDT): Submission Window Closes
- October 12, 2018: 2018 Pitch Wars Mentees Announced
- February 6 – 11, 2019: Agent Showcase
- February 6: Adult entries are live on the Pitch Wars site
- February 7: MG entries are live on the Pitch Wars site
- February 8: YA entries are live on the Pitch Wars site
We’re extremely excited about our transition to a new committee-run format and want to introduce you to the former mentors and mentees on it. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds and write a wide variety of genres and age categories. However, we all have one key thing in common: We love and believe in Pitch Wars and want to see it continue for years to come.
We’ll each be in charge of a different area of the program, and some of us will create our own subcommittees. While each committee member has their own job, we are all working together on all aspects of Pitch Wars to make it better for everyone.
Kellye Garrett (2014 Mentee & 2015-17 Adult Mentor)
Rachel Lynn Solomon (2014 – 17 YA Mentor)
Sonia Hartl (2013 Mentee & 2015 – 17 Adult and YA Mentor)
Fundraising and Social Media Director:
Sarah Nicolas (2012 – 17 YA Mentor)
Pintip Dunn (2016 YA Mentor)
Mentor & Community Outreach Directors:
Gail D.Villanueva (2017 MG Mentor)
Thank you for your patience and support as we finalize details for this year. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always reach us via email (PitchWars@gmail.com), Twitter (@PitchWars) or our Curious Cat page (curiouscat.me/PitchWars ).