It’s been over a week since the huge contest with Weronika Janczuk, and I’m so happy that so many of you gained a lot from this blogfest. There will be more. I first have to
stalk beg ask a few agents to participate. I’m working on it and will hopefully have a new contest soon.
So coffee around here hasn’t been the same since starting my diet. Black. Need I say more? Next week, I finally get to start adding creamer back into my diet. Yay! They say, you gain a taste for black coffee. They lie. I haven’t. Anyway, back to what this blog is supposed to be about. GIVEAWAYS!!!
We all love free stuff, right? Well, hop on over to DNA Writers for a chance to win free edits, books, and an Amazon gift card. Also, during my Birthday month of March, I will be giving away free edits from CA Marshall agent intern, freelance editor, writer extraordinaire. The first giveaway will be on March 1st, and you don’t have to do anything to win other than be a follower of my blog. I don’t care how old I get. I will always LOVE birthdays (I still won’t tell you my age, though).
Next order of business is that I received a few awards that I want to pass on.
I’m so honored that the ladies over at Critique Sisters Corner gave me this wonderful award. Linda, Heather, and Karlene are full of awesomesauce so go check out their blog. Thanks guys!
The rules for accepting this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award
2. State seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to any recently discovered great bloggers
Hmmm, seven things about myself? That you all would want to know? That’s going to be tough.
- I live in Albuquerque.
- I’m sort of a neat freak.
- I love to collect old worn books – Ones that feel like they’ve been read so many times that they were enjoyed.
- I was born in Kittery, Maine.
- My favorite book of all time is Kings Row by Henry Bellamann. Why? It was my grandfather’s book. I love the old movie that stars Ronald Reagan – I cry every time at the end.
- I’m an Aries.
- I love the color red (which probably has something to do with being an Aries – if I believed in that kind of thing, that is).
Now to pass it forward (to someone who doesn’t already have it). I’ve decided to pass it on to some newer bloggers who could use a boost to their followers’ list. Take some time and check out their blogs and follow them.
Lori M. Lee at you are the unicorn of my dreams
Tammy at If You Can Dream It
Samantha Verant at Some Guys Are Toads
Christine L. Arnold at Figments
Mindy at Mindy Ruiz, Young Adult Author
My second award comes from the lovely Beth at Beth’s Blog: Beth’s New Blog (Life After Project 52) – Bunches of sweet thanks to you, Beth!
And here’s how the award goes:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Share 4 guilty pleasures that you have.
3. Pass the award along to 6 other sweet blogs
Since I’ve been on a diet, I miss my guilty pleasures. So here they are, and yes, they are all food or drink related:
- Yummy Starbuck’s Caramel Macchiatos
- Anything with the name Godiva written on the package
- Cheese and onion enchiladas with red chile and cheese smothered all over it
- Raspberry Margaritas
Now to pass the award on to those who always make me smile when I’m down or frustrated.
My gals at DNA Writers
Morgan Lee at FantasyFairy
Trisha Wolfe at YA Bound
Lorna Suzuki at IMAGO books FANTASY REALM
I sure wish I could give away more awards for this one, because there are so many of you out there that have sweet blogs!
Well, I guess that’s all I have to say today. I’ll be posting the deets on my new contest soon, so keep an eye out for it. Don’t forget to come back on March 1st for my first giveaway!