The submission window is now open for the Entangled Publishing pitch event. Hurry and enter your pitch in the comments of this post. The window IS NOW CLOSED. Make sure your manuscript falls into a category that Entangled publishes. You will have to list at least one of the Entangled lines you feel your manuscript best fits on your submission. During the contest, November 10 through November 14, editors at Entangled will read the pitches and make requests on the ones that interest them. Go to Entangled Publishing’s site to find out more about the editors and their likes.
This pitch event is for finished and polished manuscripts only. You may enter as many pitches as you like.
What will you need?
- A 100-word pitch (max). This would be the meat of your query condensed to the 100-word limit.
- 1st 100 words of your completed manuscript. (If the 100th word falls in the middle of a sentence, you can go to the end of the sentence.)
Title: THE TITLE OF YOUR NOVEL
Word Count: Your manuscript’s word count (Example: 50,000 words) Make sure to round up/down to the nearest 1000th.
Category/Genre: The category and genre of your manuscript (Example: YA Contemporary Romance)
Line: The Entangled Line that best fits your story (Sample: Crush Teen)
Pitch: 100-word (max) pitch – single spaced, a space between paragraph, no indentions.
Excerpt: The first 100 words of your manuscript – single spaced, a space between paragraph, no indentions.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK … Make sure to only pitch what Entangled publishes. Here’s some information about the editors and the lines that Entangled editors will consider …
- Entangled Select (adult single title) – adult romance imprint, encompassing all subgenres of romance including contemporary, suspense, sci-fi, historical, paranormal and fantasy. The romance should be a primary focus in the story, and heat levels vary.
- Entangled TEEN (young adult single title) – high-concept, engaging line of books geared to the young adult audience. Accepting submissions in all subgenres including contemporary, suspense, sci-fi, historical, paranormal and fantasy, and require there be at least a romantic subplot.
- Embrace (new adult single title) – ushers readers from the halls of high school graduation into the wide open world beyond. With protagonists typically ranging from 18-24, Embrace publishes high-concept stories that focus on the endless possibilities this stage in life brings, and above all, romance. Heat levels vary.
Category Romance Imprints
Entangled’s category romance imprints are released digital-first across a wide variety of platforms. With high royalty rates and price points that attract buyers, these lines have been very successful for Entangled and its authors. Many of their titles have appeared on Amazon and Barnes & Noble’s bestseller lists, and more than twenty have hit the USA TODAY and New York Times bestseller lists. Three are currently RITA finalists.
More information on the specific imprints can be found on their respective submission pages.
- Crave (Teen) – Teen category romance – engaging, irresistible first-love stories set during the characters’ teen years—with an out-of-this-world, trope-driven bend.
- Crush (Teen) – Teen category romance imprints, is all about engaging, irresistible first-love stories set during the characters’ teen years. Heart-stopping feelings and never-ending drama, ranging from funny to emotional, flirty to dark.
- Brazen – Sexy contemporary category romance with high heat levels.
- Lovestruck – Flirty contemporary category romance about finding love in the modern world.
- Bliss – Sweet contemporary category romance with a small-town, family vibe.
- Indulgence – Contemporary category romance with rich and powerful alpha heroes.
- Ignite – Suspenseful category romance.
- Scandalous – Historical category romance.
- Covet – Contemporary category romance with a paranormal twist.