Claribel Ortega got her start editing student’s often times hilarious ads and ramblings on the back page of SUNY Purchase’s Independent Newspaper. From there, she became a small town reporter, where she enjoyed going to board of education meetings and texting the town mayors about the line at Starbucks. Today she’s busy turning her obsession with eighties pop culture, magic and video games into books. She lives in New York with her motorcycle-riding poet boyfriend & her suspiciously intelligent yorkie, Pancho Villa. She is represented by Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- Verónika Decide Morir by Paulo Coelho
- The Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
- Scott Pilgrim Vs The World by Bryan Lee O'Malley