About this item: A first three chapters critique plus $25 Barnes & Noble gift card package.
Donated by …
Jeanmarie is a YA fiction writer represented by Jessica Sinsheimer of the Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency, and an obsessive book lover generally. Her books are treated like royalty—corners of pages are seldom turned down, hardcover jackets are firmly attached, and paperbacks with accidental creases are properly grieved for.
She’s a Ravenclaw, through and through.
She lives with her husband and three young daughters on the beach, which means there is always sand in my shoes and a book in her bag. She loves sushi. (It helps that her mother is Japanese.) And she can field almost any question about the Harry Potter series or ABC’s show LOST. She’s hoping those skills prove useful one day.
Her writing placed in the following contests:
- 1st Place in the RWA-San Diego’s 2012 Spring Into Romance Contest, YA category (OPERATION BREAKUP)
- 1st Place in the River City Romance Writers’ 2012 Duel on the Delta Contest, YA category (OPERATION BREAKUP)
- 2nd place in the Virginia Romance Writers’ 2015 Fool For Love Contest, YA/NA category (IN BETWEEN THEM
- 2nd Place in the Ozarks Romance Authors’ 2012 Weta Nichols Writing Contest, Paranormal category (MAGNETIC)
- 3rd Place in the New Hampshire RWA’s 2012 Query Quandary Contest, Paranormal category (MAGNETIC)
- Honorable Mention in the Wisconsin Romance Writers’ 2013 Fab Five Contest, YA category (EVERYTHING I NEVER WANTED)
- Finalist in the Chicago-North RWA’s 2013 Fire and Ice Contest, YA category (EVERYTHING I NEVER WANTED)
STARTING BID: $10
TURNAROUND TIME allow two weeks for query critiques + 1st chapters, four weeks for partials, and six weeks for full critiques. Donors will discuss turnaround times with winners. All winning bids are guaranteed. Should some unforeseen event happen, money will be returned to winner or the winner may choose to have Brenda Drake provide the critique.