Kellye Garrett is a Pitch Wars mentee-turned-mentor. After being selected as a mentee in 2014, she sold her Pitch Wars novel HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE (then called IOU) to Midnight Ink. The story about a semi-famous, mega-broke black actress who investigates a hit-and-run she witnessed recently won the Agatha, Lefty and Independent Publisher “IPPY” awards for best first novel and is nominated for Anthony and Barry awards. HOLLYWOOD ENDING, the second book in the series, will be released on August 8, 2018. Prior to writing novels, Kellye spent eight years working in Hollywood, including a stint writing for Cold Case. She now works for a leading media company and serves on the Board of Directors for Sisters in Crime as the organization’s Publicity Liaison.
- The Kinsey Millhone novels by Sue Grafton
- The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
- The Detective Lou Norton mysteries by Rachel Howzell Hall
- The Spenser novels by Robert B. Parker and (now) Ace Atkins
- The Tamara Hayle mysteries by Valerie Wilson-Wesley