The Pitch Madness submission window will be open for 24 hours on February 26!
Pitch Madness is a contest to win a request from one or more of the participating agents. I will have an agent introduction post up soon.
The submission window will be open from 12:01 AM EST on February 26 until 11:59PM EST. You should have plenty of time to get your submissions in. There is no limit of how many entries will be accepted. Please note: All entries sent before or after the allotted times will be deleted.
There will be 60 finalists moving onto the agent round. Pitch Madness will accept Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult completed fiction, novel length (no novellas) completed and polished manuscripts only. This time around we will not accept non-fiction. Only one entry per writer this round.
What do you need to enter? A 35-word (max) pitch and the first 250 words of your finished manuscript. If the 250th word falls in the middle of a sentence, go to the end of the sentence. I will post formatting instructions before the submission window opens. There will be a form on the submission post to enter your pitch into.
Pitch Madness will be on four blogs and each blog host will have a co-host helping them choose their top 15 entries. I will have a post up soon to introduce the teams and slush readers.
We’ll have a small team of first readers checking for formatting and putting their top picks through to the hosts. This time around, the hosts and co-hosts of each blog will choose their team of slush readers for the second round. Some blog teams may opt out of having slush readers. So I won’t be choosing all the slush readers this go around.
All the twitter fun will be happening on the hashtag #PitchMadness!
Here are the links to the blogs joining me for the contest:
And Brenda’s own Co-host:
Here’s the schedule …
- Round One Readers Introduction on February 15
- Team Introductions throughout the day on February 16
- Agent Introduction on February 17
- Rules of the Game on February 19
- Formatting Instructions February 23
- Submission window will be on February 26 and will be open for 24 hours
- The top 60 picks for the agent round will go up on the blogs on March 9 at 12:01AM EST (NY time)
- March 11 at 12PM EDT (Noon) the agents requests are revealed, and right afterward is the tying agents challenge round. This year the agents will have 24 hours to respond to challenges (tie-breakers)
- There will be a #PitMad Twitter Pitch Party on March 17 from 8AM to 8PM EST. Check here for rules of the Twitter Pitch Contest.
That’s it for now. Come back on the mentioned dates to learn more about the slush readers, hosts, and agents!